College Musings
Mood: I dunno
Music: Spooky Jungle (from TR3)
I've been having thoughts and feelings as this whole college "thang" draws closer. One of my biggest concerns is having...well...the attitude I have now. I'll do something - when I want to. If I don't feel like doing it, I'll be damned if I do. I know this is not the attitude to have in college.
Also, what about the dorm situation? I've never had to share a room with somebody else. Ever. Hell, I don't even like to share. What if I can't stand my roommate? I sometimes question my mind's stability and capacity to remain calm. What if I just end up killing my roommate? Hey, it could happen! As with any animal, throw me into a situation new and strange to me that I don't like, then I will react in new and strange ways.
Work. I'll be getting my first job ever while I'm up at college. I know I can easily do it. I just don't like the idea of work. I've watched enough people in my life (and those who are outside who don't know I'm watching) to know that work sucks. I'd rather die a pauper than work the rest of my life. Lottery tickets. Now that's the key. I have this whole rant that will be saved for a post some other day about my feelings on having a job...
Not having a car. This is paramount. No, I don't drive that much. But when I do it is certainly nice to have my car there. I have a feeling I'll not be a happy camper when I really wanna drive, but can't.
Going back to the dorm topic, it will not have air-conditioning! AHHHH! Sorry, I'm spoiled. I love cold. Cold is good. Cold is God. I'd rather freeze to death than be just a little overheated. I can't wait for winter, though! I'll be in the snowbelt!!! I'm gonna have so much snow that I won't know what to do!
Friends. Some of my friends are going to my college, and I am thankful. Some are being left behind because they are either A) Going to a different college or B) Still in high school. I want to drag the ones still in high school up to college with me. Kidnapping is always an option. Nobody will ever know except the readers of this blog. You wouldn't tip off the authorities now that you've gotten to know me so well, would you? This ties back into the car situation. I can't drive to visit my friends not at my college! The rest of my friends I know through the internet! YEAH! No problem keeping in touch with them. Well, that is unless they stop getting on the computer. Who would do such a thing?
I guess the above is really my only fears with college. Leave a comment if you have advice! Oh please god leave a comment!
Music: Spooky Jungle (from TR3)
I've been having thoughts and feelings as this whole college "thang" draws closer. One of my biggest concerns is having...well...the attitude I have now. I'll do something - when I want to. If I don't feel like doing it, I'll be damned if I do. I know this is not the attitude to have in college.
Also, what about the dorm situation? I've never had to share a room with somebody else. Ever. Hell, I don't even like to share. What if I can't stand my roommate? I sometimes question my mind's stability and capacity to remain calm. What if I just end up killing my roommate? Hey, it could happen! As with any animal, throw me into a situation new and strange to me that I don't like, then I will react in new and strange ways.
Work. I'll be getting my first job ever while I'm up at college. I know I can easily do it. I just don't like the idea of work. I've watched enough people in my life (and those who are outside who don't know I'm watching) to know that work sucks. I'd rather die a pauper than work the rest of my life. Lottery tickets. Now that's the key. I have this whole rant that will be saved for a post some other day about my feelings on having a job...
Not having a car. This is paramount. No, I don't drive that much. But when I do it is certainly nice to have my car there. I have a feeling I'll not be a happy camper when I really wanna drive, but can't.
Going back to the dorm topic, it will not have air-conditioning! AHHHH! Sorry, I'm spoiled. I love cold. Cold is good. Cold is God. I'd rather freeze to death than be just a little overheated. I can't wait for winter, though! I'll be in the snowbelt!!! I'm gonna have so much snow that I won't know what to do!
Friends. Some of my friends are going to my college, and I am thankful. Some are being left behind because they are either A) Going to a different college or B) Still in high school. I want to drag the ones still in high school up to college with me. Kidnapping is always an option. Nobody will ever know except the readers of this blog. You wouldn't tip off the authorities now that you've gotten to know me so well, would you? This ties back into the car situation. I can't drive to visit my friends not at my college! The rest of my friends I know through the internet! YEAH! No problem keeping in touch with them. Well, that is unless they stop getting on the computer. Who would do such a thing?
I guess the above is really my only fears with college. Leave a comment if you have advice! Oh please god leave a comment!
1 Comments:
I don't know if this is a sign, but the random quote displayed at the top after publishing this post was "Try to relax and enjoy the crisis."
Post a Comment
<< Home