Phew
Well, the first week of classes is finally over. Here's some interesting stories and all:
1) After four years of Latin in high school, I feel completely unprepared for 2nd Semester Latin I in college. I don't remember the endings for any of the nouns or verbs. I feel a little bit better that most of my classmates are in the same boat.
2) I looked into Crew (the sport.) HAH! That was fun. Let's never speak of this again...DIE MOSQUITO! *WHAM* Mwuahahahaha! I got it! Whoops...sorry for getting off topic.
3) I was in Physics 162. Yeah, that's an advanced college Physics course for people who took AP Physics in high school or took a Physics course in college. I have never taken Physics in my life. Let's just say I would have DEFINITELY failed that class. I've now been moved down to Physics 149 which is for people who have never taken Physics before. Yay!
4) I finally saw many people from my high school up here at college! They even have the same classes as I do! :)
Well, that's about it. Yep. Good night. BTW, I just finished watching Resident Evil. Again, I feel the need to say this...I LOVE MILLA JOVOVICH! hehehe
1) After four years of Latin in high school, I feel completely unprepared for 2nd Semester Latin I in college. I don't remember the endings for any of the nouns or verbs. I feel a little bit better that most of my classmates are in the same boat.
2) I looked into Crew (the sport.) HAH! That was fun. Let's never speak of this again...DIE MOSQUITO! *WHAM* Mwuahahahaha! I got it! Whoops...sorry for getting off topic.
3) I was in Physics 162. Yeah, that's an advanced college Physics course for people who took AP Physics in high school or took a Physics course in college. I have never taken Physics in my life. Let's just say I would have DEFINITELY failed that class. I've now been moved down to Physics 149 which is for people who have never taken Physics before. Yay!
4) I finally saw many people from my high school up here at college! They even have the same classes as I do! :)
Well, that's about it. Yep. Good night. BTW, I just finished watching Resident Evil. Again, I feel the need to say this...I LOVE MILLA JOVOVICH! hehehe
2 Comments:
Hey...hope you're having fun up there.
Don't feel bad about the latin. Never had it myself, but I took 3 years of spanish and now I can barely say "what time is it?"; "where am I?"; "Please help" "where is the bathroom"; "Call the police"; "tell me your name".
Well, I guess those are the important ones right?
I can actually read spanish, and therefore, a little latin, but, much good that does me!
Hey, in this world, maybe you should take some arabic. Seems like the next important language skill. People that can speak it probably can make some bucks with the government or private sector. If you're looking for a career path.
I hear Chinese is the other language.
It's cool when you see people you know. Keeps you from feeling all alone in your new world.
Keep us posted how it's going.
By the way, if you don't do crew, what sport do you think you'll do?
Thanks, Kat! I'm having a blast. Well, not with classes. I got tired of school back in high school. I just like seeing all these different people (hard to believe that I'm an introvert, isn't it?)
Spanish...Latin...it's all the same. When you learn it, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Latin - no one speaks it anymore except in the Vatican (and don't get me started on those guys.) Spanish - What you learn in school is not what is spoken thanks to slang. However, it is a basis for really getting yourself immersed in the language.
I don't think my school offers Arabic. I could look into it, but I don't know how well I would do in it.
Definitely with the people you know statement! Even better is my sister (and alumna [feminine, nominative, singular] of which the spelling will be explained in an upcoming rant) and all her friends (alumna - neuter, nominative, plural; again, wait for the rant...) always come up to the bars and games so I get to see them a lot! I get along with people older than me better than with people younger or the same age as me. There is one exception to that...
No sports for me. I haven't played sports since seventh grade, or was it sixth? I can't remember. All I know is that I don't like sports. Never have, never will. There is a story that goes along with that. I'll need to post it later... No, I decided not to join crew because it was too time consuming. Practice five days a week, two hours a day. I'm sorry, but I like my rest time. I need my time away from other people. Sometimes I listen to music. Other times I just sleep. If I joined crew, no more free time. I like unproductive free time. It gives my brain a rest between classes!
Post a Comment
<< Home