Tuesday, November 09, 2004

It...is...FINISHED!

Just to let y'all know, I went out and bought The Jesus Mysteries after reading some great excerpts from it online.

The book is spectacular! It is very well researched, and it'll leave you sitting there thinking "Why is Christianity so screwed up nowadays?" Well, that's what it did to me. Not wishing to give too much from the book away, all I can say is that the book really makes you realize how much of a shell Christianity is of its former/fuller self that was "lost" in the past. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone (although a die-hard Christian who believes Jesus to be a literal figure in history just might be severely pissed off.)

My next goal is to read Jesus and the Lost Goddess which is written by the same authors....Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say "hey" and see how school was going. You've got to tell me how the Jesus Mysteries worked out, too. I haven't had a chance to go buy it.

Hope it's going well.

2:18 AM  
Blogger cjufnf said...

Whoa! A commenter, and an anonymous one at that!

The Jesus Mysteries was spectacularly awesome, as was Jesus and the Lost Goddess. I recommend reading these books if you want a deeper understanding of the old "pagan" religions and the true meaning of Christianity!

They both reveal startling/humorous revelations about Christianity like the truth about the letters of Paul included in the Bible. Well, I found it funny. Then again, I never had too much respect for Christianity today. Even when I was a child, I just dismissed it as nonsense. Who knew I wouldn't be too far off?

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home