Thursday, November 04, 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen, It's Rant Time...

The subject of today's rant will pertain to my Physics class. Ready? BEGIN:

What in the hell is up with Physics? When reading a chapter and doing the example problems they give you in it, everything can be understood. I can do the problems, and it makes me happy. Then, when you get to the homework, they ask some out of this world question leaving you sitting there thinking "What the F***?!?!?"

Why do they do that? Even the book does it! The problems in the chapter, as I said before, are workable. If you go to the review problems at the end of each chapter, hold on to your hats, find a stress ball, and get some snacks, because you WILL be going in for the long haul!

Now it's time to bash the professor. I'm sure this man knows a lot, otherwise he probably wouldn't have a job. What's that? I don't give a damn! If you are a teacher (call me crazy) I think you should be able to teach somewhat well. Having a teacher standing up at the front of the class mumbling 90% of the time is not my idea of a good teacher. Not to mention he uses examples to explain examples. By the end of the lecture, you've gone through about five different problems that somehow help explain how to do the one originally started at the beginning of the class! That confuses the hell outta me! I get so lost in all the other examples and how they tie into the original problem.

The only comfort I can take is that I know I'm not the only one. Class attendance at the lecture has dropped about 93%. Very few people show up now, and sometimes I question the sanity of attending such a class.

This is why I will NOT be majoring in Physics. I repeat, I will not be majoring in Physics. Stay tuned for another rant possibly directed toward Chemistry, or maybe, if you're lucky, something totally unrelated to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home