Thursday, January 06, 2005

I am nemo's alibi...

I'm writing this post before I forget to in a couple of hours...like I did last week. In fact, I've been meaning to write this post for some time, but the subject of this post has been the culprit of my forgetfulness: my memory.

I've noticed for quite some time now that my memory sucks. Sure I can remember to hate certain people for certain reasons long after I was in some way hurt by them (vengeance is good because it's good to have goals), but if you ask me what I did last month, last week, or hell, even yesterday, I couldn't tell you. Why can't I remember? I wish I had some excuse for it like drugs or alcohol, but I don't. Each day passes as a blur before my eyes sort of like a dream. I just drift from one area to the next. Not interacting too much, just watching. Hell, I can remember some of my dreams more vividly than what I do in real life (but only if I think about my dreams the second I wake up. Otherwise, they're lost forever. Buried deep somewhere in my subconscious.)

Now, passing through life like it is a dream has some serious rewards. Each day is never long, stressful, or depressing. It just is. However, it sucks when you are trying to remember something important. This is the reason why I never answer the phone. If it's for someone else, there's not chance in hell that I'll remember to give that person the message that someone called for them. It also sucks that it takes me most of the semester to memorize my schedule for each day only to have the new semester begin and everything change.

The all-time worst thing about my memory is when it comes to college. Sure I learn new things every day in my classes, but in a couple of days I will forget it all (unless the professor keeps going over it again and again.) This really is a bad situation when finals come. I don't have a clue what we did all semester! That's why I don't like to study for finals. It takes to long to re-learn EVERYTHING.

Well, I just wanted to share my Twilight Zone of a life with you just for the hell of it. In a couple of days, I probably won't even remember when I wrote this post (thank the gods for the time and date feature of blogs!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home