Never "Pull a Joe"
America's Army. It's a great game. Have you heard of it? I downloaded this game during the school year, and I've been getting marginally better. At least I don't kill teammates as often. Actually, I need to backtrack here. I can't believe I forgot to post about this great game near the end of the school year! At that time, it was all I would do. I played this game more than I played Halo (and you know how serious that must be if you paid attention to my earlier posts.)
The game started off all right. I played around on the Pipeline mission to get my honor up (because I was unaware of the SF Hospital mission which is much better.) Anywho, the first time I played, I obviously had NO idea where anything was located. It was insane. But I kept playing that level enough to eventually know where everything is. The problem is that I still suck at it (unless everyone else sucks more than me which has happened on a few occasions.) Then the problems set in. In one game, my team was getting its butt kicked royally. Over and over and over and over. It was annoying how the other team just swarmed us right at the beginning. So I, being the clever person that I am, threw a grenade over a wall to my right directly towards one place where the enemy comes from a lot.
Now, I told my clever little plan to my teammates beforehand, but leave it to idiots to not pay attention. The next thing I know, three of my teammates are dead, and I'm put in jail. Those stupid sons-of-bitches. I went down two or three honor points for that. Those jackasses had it coming. So, I slowly but surely worked my way back to an honor of 10 points again, but this time I am inside the enemy building and end up shooting one of my own teammates. It was my fault that time. Too quick of a trigger finger. So I go down a few honor again. Then I was just pissed...
My friend who got me hooked on the game informed me of a different level: SF Hospital. He said if I got on a good team, my honor would skyrocket. And so it did when I finally tried it. Not only that, but I started becoming a better shooter. I was quite proud of myself. And then, I kill a teammate. Now I was like honor 17 by this point, so it didn't hurt me much, but I was still in jail. Oh, I was pissed. The jackass, while I'm shooting at an enemy, just runs right in front of me. You know the saying: Friendly fire isn't. The bastard was killed with a well-placed headshot from my gun. Dammit! I was so mad I was screaming at my computer screen. My friend Nate was there, and he all of a sudden blurts out "He pulled a Joe, didn't he?"
Now Joe used to live diagonally from my room, and I hated the bastard dearly. Still do, actually. He is the most annoying, little momma's-boy I've ever seen. Anywho, we came into contact with Joe when he wanted to play Halo with us during first semester. All right. I can't say no because I hate him (that changed later on.) So we play Halo. He sucks. Not to mention that he is a vehicle-whore. Now that's a term I made up for people who suck so much at Halo that they resort to always getting into the vehicles to kill people. They have no talent, so they take the cowards road as opposed to actually becoming better at the game (not to mention a vehicle can be taken out with one well-placed rocket, which is my specialty.) So I hate Joe even more for that. Especially when he was on my team. I couldn't take having a jack-ass on my team.
Getting back to explaining Nate's funny little line, Joe had one habit that was more annoying than any of his other habits in Halo. While you were shooting an enemy, Joe would jump in the middle of it, and you would betray him (killing a teammate in Halo.) Hell, it wasn't our fault he was an incompetent fool. And this is where Nate's line "Pulling a Joe" comes from. "Pulling a Joe" is when your teammate on a multiplayer game steps into a fight between you and an enemy, and you end up killing your teammate in the process. The little shit had it coming, no matter who the teammate was who jumped in the middle of it.
And that is my long-winded story of why not to pull a Joe. It's totally not cool. The next time you see your teammate handling an enemy by him/herself just fine, don't jump into the middle of it.
The game started off all right. I played around on the Pipeline mission to get my honor up (because I was unaware of the SF Hospital mission which is much better.) Anywho, the first time I played, I obviously had NO idea where anything was located. It was insane. But I kept playing that level enough to eventually know where everything is. The problem is that I still suck at it (unless everyone else sucks more than me which has happened on a few occasions.) Then the problems set in. In one game, my team was getting its butt kicked royally. Over and over and over and over. It was annoying how the other team just swarmed us right at the beginning. So I, being the clever person that I am, threw a grenade over a wall to my right directly towards one place where the enemy comes from a lot.
Now, I told my clever little plan to my teammates beforehand, but leave it to idiots to not pay attention. The next thing I know, three of my teammates are dead, and I'm put in jail. Those stupid sons-of-bitches. I went down two or three honor points for that. Those jackasses had it coming. So, I slowly but surely worked my way back to an honor of 10 points again, but this time I am inside the enemy building and end up shooting one of my own teammates. It was my fault that time. Too quick of a trigger finger. So I go down a few honor again. Then I was just pissed...
My friend who got me hooked on the game informed me of a different level: SF Hospital. He said if I got on a good team, my honor would skyrocket. And so it did when I finally tried it. Not only that, but I started becoming a better shooter. I was quite proud of myself. And then, I kill a teammate. Now I was like honor 17 by this point, so it didn't hurt me much, but I was still in jail. Oh, I was pissed. The jackass, while I'm shooting at an enemy, just runs right in front of me. You know the saying: Friendly fire isn't. The bastard was killed with a well-placed headshot from my gun. Dammit! I was so mad I was screaming at my computer screen. My friend Nate was there, and he all of a sudden blurts out "He pulled a Joe, didn't he?"
Now Joe used to live diagonally from my room, and I hated the bastard dearly. Still do, actually. He is the most annoying, little momma's-boy I've ever seen. Anywho, we came into contact with Joe when he wanted to play Halo with us during first semester. All right. I can't say no because I hate him (that changed later on.) So we play Halo. He sucks. Not to mention that he is a vehicle-whore. Now that's a term I made up for people who suck so much at Halo that they resort to always getting into the vehicles to kill people. They have no talent, so they take the cowards road as opposed to actually becoming better at the game (not to mention a vehicle can be taken out with one well-placed rocket, which is my specialty.) So I hate Joe even more for that. Especially when he was on my team. I couldn't take having a jack-ass on my team.
Getting back to explaining Nate's funny little line, Joe had one habit that was more annoying than any of his other habits in Halo. While you were shooting an enemy, Joe would jump in the middle of it, and you would betray him (killing a teammate in Halo.) Hell, it wasn't our fault he was an incompetent fool. And this is where Nate's line "Pulling a Joe" comes from. "Pulling a Joe" is when your teammate on a multiplayer game steps into a fight between you and an enemy, and you end up killing your teammate in the process. The little shit had it coming, no matter who the teammate was who jumped in the middle of it.
And that is my long-winded story of why not to pull a Joe. It's totally not cool. The next time you see your teammate handling an enemy by him/herself just fine, don't jump into the middle of it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home