Saturday, May 14, 2005

Where have I been?

I was randomly contacted by an old friend from high school today. The last time I saw her was graduation! All I have to say is how amazing it is for so many things to change in a single year!

First off, my friend got married over the past year. I knew she was engaged while she was still in high school (got engaged when she was 18 I think.) Now she tells me that she is four weeks away from expecting the birth of her first child, a boy! Crimony! I sure as hell didn't see that one coming...

She went to college the first year just like I did, but she'll have to put it off next year for the obvious reasons of raising a family. And it isn't like she unexpectedly became pregnant. This was intentional. She and her husband bought a house and moved in recently as well.

She found out that her brother was gay in the funniest way (well, I thought it was hysterical...) Apparently, he started dating her best of best friends! lol. What were the odds that he would happen to run into one of his younger sister's friends, date him (I'm assuming it was a him, because how else would my friend know he was gay?), and accidentally reveal his sexual identity to his sister? I thought it was damn funny. Of course, he won't tell his father that he is gay because from what I've heard, their dad is not the greatest person in the world. He, in truth, sounds like a scary guy most of the time. He definitely wouldn't approve of having a gay son. It made sense to me to not to tell him.

It made me really happy to talk to my friend again (she contacted me through AIM)! I'm not sure why, it just made me feel better. She promised to call when the child was born. Normally I hate kids, but I can't wait! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home