Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's almost Christmas! YAHOO!

Three things to note in this post....

1) My sister is coming home from Seattle today for the holidays. Okay, moving on.

2) So it appears that the guy who usually changes the oil in my mother's and my own car has some type of liver disease, and he has a few months to live (assuming he doesn't get another liver). It was weird the way it was brought up. He was just like "Oh, and I'm dying from some disease....." Ummm....okay. What the hell do you say to that? If I was dying, I probably wouldn't tell anyone. And if I did, I wouldn't want them to say something like "That's terrible!" or "I'm so sorry." This might all have to do with the fact that death doesn't really sadden me. Death is death. It's gonna happen to everyone sooner or later. Why waste precious time in your life going on about how someone you know has died? Luckily, I didn't have to say anything to the guy. My mother took over (she knows how I feel about the topic.) In fact, my mother said I would have to be the one in charge of her funeral because I'll be the only person not sad, and I'll be able to handle it. I made a deal with her. If there's an afterlife, she has to come back and show me. That's our agreement.

3) Well, another semester at Purdue has been completed. I only did poorly in one class. That was history. I failed. Big time. But my adviser and I decided early on just to suck it up and fail with flying colors. Translation: I stopped going to history and, instead, concentrated on my other classes that actually had to do with my major. In my defense, that history class was terrible, and I'm not a liberal arts type of person. I like my math and sciences. You have less crap to memorize. But oh well. My GPA only fell to 3.02 because of the hit. Big whoop. I just won't be doing it again. Anywho, excluding history, here's what I got in my other classes:
  • Organic Chemistry - B (not bad for failing the 2nd test!)
  • Organic Chem. Lab - A
  • Latin 202 - A (was there ever any doubt?)
  • Biology 121 - A (so far, this bio major is working)
  • Philosophy 301 - B (whoever said philosophy classes are about how you feel should be shot...three times...)

And that's all folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home