Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Day in the Life

After thinking on it for a bit, I've decided to be kind and have just a normal post. My recent ones have been bitchy, sad, or possibly both. So, here's what's happened in normal life recently...

We, as in my mother and I, got new cell phones recently. Yeah, she pays for them, so when she wants to do something with the cell phones we have or the cell phone plan, I go along with it. All I can say is that I'm glad to have a flip-phone again! No more accidental dialings! And yes, I do know about keylocks/keyguards. I'm just too lazy/forgetful to use them. My first order of business with the phone was to download a wallpaper to it. I'm now the proud owner of a Captain Murphy-ized cell phone!

The Christmas tree was finally taken down today. I like having it up, so we kept it up. That and the fact we were too busy/lazy to get it down sooner. However, we did, as I already mentioned in a previous post, get the Christmas lights down outside the day after Christmas. So I guess we're not always lazy.

I, in my usual manner, have been playing video games a lot. I can officially be proud of the fact that I got every character in X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse up to level 99 without cheating. You may bow now to your god. :)

While being dreadfully not busy during winter break, I made a website for the Halo 2 clan my friends and I formed up at school. I think the site is pretty smurf, but then again, I was the one who made it. It's probably the same thing as when a parent always thinks their child is beautiful. I personally think babies are hideous looking. I know that's awful, but I don't care. They are ugly. I'm sure I can find someone who can back me up on this one...

One thing I'll have to do when I go back up to school, other than buying books, is filling out the damn form for the University indicating where I'll be living next school year. Hell if I know. Sometimes I want to be in an apartment with my friends, sometimes not. I love the dorms. I really do. Sure it sucks not having air conditioning when school first starts. It was horrendous with some days going up to 95. But how can it really compare to the fact of a superb T1 (or is it T3? The jury is still out on that one) connection in my dorm room. For $50 dollars/year! You can't beat that! I don't want to leave that behind. I also don't want to leave the dining halls behind. Yes, I could still technically eat there if I wanted to even if I lived in an apartment, but it wouldn't just be a short walk within the dorm building or across the street. I love having other people make my food for me. It's one less thing I have to do.

Maybe I can convince my roommate to live in the dorms a third year? By the gods I hope so. I will NEVER pot luck it again. I was too lucky the first time around my freshman year. I've seen the new freshmen this year. If I had a roommate like any of them, I might kill the roommate. They never talk. They stay within a very small group of people with whom they do everything with. Dammit, I like knowing everyone in the hallway, but people just aren't sociable this year. Hopefully they'll get better this coming semester. I plan on cornering them more and talking to them this time around. Otherwise, you may never see them. The most useful tactic is to just walk into their rooms and talk to them. Hell if I know their names or if they know mine! But it sure is fun to see the look on their faces when a 6'6" guy they don't even know just waltzes into their room!

Well, I could probably keep talking about random crap, but this post will be a little too long for my liking. I'll save it for during school when I have nothing to do. Seriously. I have no classes on Thursday! WOOHOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home