The scorpion and the swan
Mood: amused
One day a scorpion was standing on the bank of a river and spotted a nearby swan. He called the swan over and asked if the swan would be so kind as to take the scorpion across the river. The swan at first said no stating how the scorpion was only trying to sting him. The scorpion replied "If I were to sting you, we'd both drown in the middle of the river. That's certainly something I'd never want to do." Agreeing with this logic, the swan let the scorpion crawl onto its back. The swan swam into the river, and as he reached the middle of the river, the scorpion stung the swan in the back. As the swan began flailing in the water he screamed out "What are you doing?! Now we are both going to drown! Why would you do that?!" The scorpion replied "It's what I do."
One day a scorpion was standing on the bank of a river and spotted a nearby swan. He called the swan over and asked if the swan would be so kind as to take the scorpion across the river. The swan at first said no stating how the scorpion was only trying to sting him. The scorpion replied "If I were to sting you, we'd both drown in the middle of the river. That's certainly something I'd never want to do." Agreeing with this logic, the swan let the scorpion crawl onto its back. The swan swam into the river, and as he reached the middle of the river, the scorpion stung the swan in the back. As the swan began flailing in the water he screamed out "What are you doing?! Now we are both going to drown! Why would you do that?!" The scorpion replied "It's what I do."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home