I cannot begin to express how much I loathe titles
Sweet baby Jesus. No, I didn't forget to start my post with that. You're welcome, internet.
I find myself in a depressing slump when realizing that life is just declining after college at a disturbing rate. I feel dumber. Hell, I am dumber. I would love to go to college full-time to always be learning something new: pick up a new degree every few years. Every so often, I'd go back and refresh myself on classes in other majors I had obtained already. I'd love this. Unfortunately, the cost of college? Well I'm already in debt as it is.
The other depressing thing is you can't be original. For every "new" thought/revelation I have, someone had the same thought/revelation previously. People in the future will have the same thought/revelation as well.
Sometimes I try to convince myself that it should somehow be reaffirming that so many people can come to the same conclusion. The feeling does not last long enough. It feels hollow. Cheap. It's like there were only so many original thoughts allocated to the human race as a whole.
To top it all off...I'm sure many people in the past have had these concerns. I'm sure more will have them in the future. Back off, bitches. I want to claim at least one thought as mine alone before I die.
I find myself in a depressing slump when realizing that life is just declining after college at a disturbing rate. I feel dumber. Hell, I am dumber. I would love to go to college full-time to always be learning something new: pick up a new degree every few years. Every so often, I'd go back and refresh myself on classes in other majors I had obtained already. I'd love this. Unfortunately, the cost of college? Well I'm already in debt as it is.
The other depressing thing is you can't be original. For every "new" thought/revelation I have, someone had the same thought/revelation previously. People in the future will have the same thought/revelation as well.
Sometimes I try to convince myself that it should somehow be reaffirming that so many people can come to the same conclusion. The feeling does not last long enough. It feels hollow. Cheap. It's like there were only so many original thoughts allocated to the human race as a whole.
To top it all off...I'm sure many people in the past have had these concerns. I'm sure more will have them in the future. Back off, bitches. I want to claim at least one thought as mine alone before I die.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home